Wednesday, April 9, 2008

a poem from Charm


I Must Be The Luckiest

 

Awake just as the sun peeps from its bed;

I know it’ll be another great day ahead.

The jangle of keys sparks something within me,

Oh boy, oh boy, am I happy!

 

I skip to the door and wait anxiously;

Snuffle my nose at the familiar smell,

And my tail wags almost automatically,

My loved one’s at the door, I can tell.

 

He smells nice and is all dressed up too,

Top to toe immaculate as ever.

Except for the missing right shoe,

Briefcase in one hand and said shoe in the other.

 

In a mad rush, he fumbles for his car keys,

A stack of files fall to the floor.

I offer to help and greet him with a kiss,

But he waves me away and points me to my door.

 

He shouts at me to take a hike,

Raises a hand and threatens to strike.

I obey and hang my head in disappointment,

But it’s okay, he must be late for an appointment.

 

I’ll play with him later at 6 o’ clock,

‘till then I might just roll around under the sun.

Already I see a toad behind a garden rock,

Unpleasant morning aside, this is going to be fun!

 

Finally it’s evening and my best friend returns.

He’s two hours late and is looking so burned.

I sit patiently at the entrance to welcome him back,

He says, “Sorry about this morning, here’s a little snack”

 

Come night time, I cosy myself into a room I can barely fit.

It’s uncomfortable, uncleaned and foul scented,

Nonetheless I smile on the inside, highly contented.

For tomorrow will be another great day, I just know it.

=========================================

i got this poem from Charm while we are chatting in msn

she commented on this poem, she said:

"cute right? cause dogs are always happy with simple things, don't ask for much. not like us." (Charm, K., 2008)
i really agreed with this statement, not on the "cute" even though it is. but the statement that i want to discuss is simple things. 
human tends to ask much on their life, most of us did not appreciate on every single thing that happen in our life. we always feel it is not enough and it should be more. as a result we will feel frustrated.
i learn from this poem, it told me to appreciate on simple things
and i would relate this appreciation with thankful
both of them is different but have a close relationship.
think about it !!!
p.s: when u can appreciate and thankful in a very simple thing, your life will not be as complicated as now, try it, make your life easy and happy with appreciation and thankful.

No comments: